Thursday, April 11, 2013

Swatch: DIFFERENTdimension Emily

(The polish in this post was purchased by me. All opinions are my own.)

Today I have some pics of a polish by indie brand DIFFERENTdimension. According to its maker, "Emily is a beautiful light blue base polish with several different colors of glitters inside (green, periwinkle, white). Full coverage in 2 coats!"

DIFFERENTdimension Emily. Three coats with one coat Zoya Armor topcoat.


I'm not always a fan of big chunky glitters--they sometimes remind me of a third-grade art project. This kind of polish is more up my alley: the glitters are small and uniform so the overall effect is a subtle pattern. I also love the "hidden glitter" effect you get from this kind of milky base.

Note that I needed three coats for complete opacity; if you have short nails or don't mind some visible nail line, then two should be fine. You can also see that the surface is a bit rough; if that bugs you, you'll need a few layers of topcoat.




The application was great--it wasn't runny or goopy, and the glitter is packed very densely so you don't get any bare spots. 

I should also note that the base color is a little less green in real life than it looks in my photos. Silly iPhone!

You can buy Emily on DIFFERENTdimension's Etsy site ($8.50 for 15 ml).


(The polish in this post was purchased by me. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment