Saturday, April 27, 2013

Swatch: L'Oreal Berry Nice and Miss Candy Nail Lingerie

The products in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

Miss Candy is L'Oreal's spring/summer limited edition cosmetics collection, and the polishes are all jellies! I'd been keeping my eye out for them with no luck, until Jess at Love for Lacquer pointed me to Rite Aid. Sure enough, there they were, along with a bunch of other stuff I hadn't seen elsewhere! I walked out with two L'Oreal jellies and a set of Miss Candy Nail Lingerie (plus some other stuff...).

OK, now one of these products I really like, the other not so much. Can you guess which is which?

L'Oreal Berry Nice, 3 coats. One coat Zoya Armor topcoat. L'Oreal Miss Candy Nail Lingerie.

Berry Nice is a beautiful purple jelly. Note that once again my camera is confused by blue-toned shades: this color is a bit more red in real life, true to its name. (Maybe we should put a new camera on our wedding registry??) Since it is a jelly, you can expect some visible nail line unless you put a ton of coats on. I was happy with three.

The formula is a little runny, so the polish will run all over your cuticles if you're not careful. The brush is pretty wide (almost the same size as my pinky nail) so you can cover the nail in 2-3 strokes. You can see I did get some bubbling; I guess I didn't wait long enough between coats. I also got some sheet marks (whoops! lesson: take pics before going to bed), so it stayed squishy for a while.


Now, as for the Nail Lingerie: these looked sooo cute in the package. They're just stickers that you stick on and then file off the extra length. It seems to me that there's an inherent problem with attaching a flat sheet to a curved surface: you will inevitably get creases and bubbles. Then, you fold the excess over the tip of your nail to file it off, and that causes even more creases. Maybe if the material was a little stretchy it would be easier to get it to lie flat. (Having a friend with two free hands could also help.)

The Nail Lingerie comes in white, pink, or blue. Each set contains 9 sizes of sticker, 2 of each size. Several of the sizes were bigger than any of my fingernails; I guess this is so you can stick them on your big toe (or if you just have giant fingers). Here's a shot:

Obviously you can only get one full mani from this set, or a few using different accent nails. You could probably trim the bigger ones down to fit. I think if I use this set again, I'll put some on my toes, as I'll have two free hands to attach them. But I probably won't buy them again.

Oh, and one more thing: these are labeled as "3D stickers", but I'm not sure what the 3D part is supposed to be--unless it's the creases??

The verdict: Berry Nice is great, just watch for bubbles and slow dry time. Nail Lingerie: meh.

I bought both of these at Rite Aid ($6 for 11.7 ml polish, $8.95 for the stickers).

The products in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful nails. Thank you for sharing. I love the article, very insightful and informative. The article has a lot of information that will help people understand. It also has a user-friendly approach and it is easy on the eyes. It will help reach people from all over the globe if ads and promotions will be able to come up with a unique design and also has a user-friendly approach by adding stickers from https://estickers.com.au, which has a wide variety of custom design stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a very nice post here thanks for it .I always like and such a super contents of these post. Thanks for sharing wonderful information. Buy Instagram Followers India

    ReplyDelete