Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Swatch: Indigo Bananas Executive Transvestite

 The polish in this post was purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

My first ever post was a review of an Indigo Bananas polish, and now I have another! Indigo Bananas is an indie brand that first started gaining renown with an amazing collection of multichromes, and has now expanded to holographics. Her Executive Holos collection is inspired by Eddie Izzard; what I like about the collection is that each polish is not just a holo, but has something else going on too.

Executive Transvestite (great name!) is described as "a gold linear holo foil (metallic and holo at the same time) with a scattering of small gold flakies throughout". I tried to capture both the holo and foil aspects of the polish in my photos. The pics aren't as great as I would have liked, as my camera is apparently confused by linear holos, but I think you'll get the idea!

In the shade, Executive Transvestite fools you into thinking it's just a plain old gold foil:

Indigo Bananas Executive Transvestite, 3 coats with 1 coat Out the Door quick-dry topcoat. Shade.

But then you go into the sun and it's WHAM RAINBOWS!


Indigo Bananas Executive Transvestite, 3 coats with 1 coat Out the Door quick-dry topcoat. Direct sun.





Notice that you can still see some gold flakes in these shots too.

Indoors the holo is generally weaker, and depends on the light source. Here are a couple pics.

Indigo Bananas Executive Transvestite, 3 coats with 1 coat Out the Door quick-dry topcoat. Indoors with daylight lamp.
Indigo Bananas Executive Transvestite, 3 coats with 1 coat Out the Door quick-dry topcoat. Indoors in lightbox.

The formula on this polish was really great and easy to apply. Occasionally one of those gold flakes got stuck on my nail tip, but no biggie. The polish did take a while to dry, even with a quick-dry topcoat, probably because I needed three coats of it.

Here's one more bonus pic I snapped while lying in bed! Look at that rainbow!


Executive Transvestite is available on Indigo Bananas' Etsy page ($12 for 15 ml or $5.50 for 5 ml). She's currently transitioning to a new bottle shape, so the polish might be temporarily out of stock. Indigo Bananas is 3-free, vegan and cruelty-free!

The polish in this post was purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment