Friday, May 24, 2013

Swatch: Tough as Nails Purple Twilight

The polish in this post was purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

Today I'm wearing a brand new polish from indie company Tough as Nails Lacquer (based in my home state of Michigan!). Purple Twilight is from Tough as Nails' summer collection and is described as "a purple base with loads of silver, indigo, and magenta glass flecks". When she says "loads", she means it! Check it out:


Two coats Tough as Nails Purple Twilight with one coat Out the Door topcoat



(I have no idea where that random piece of glitter on my ring finger came from. Maybe it fell in my bottle by mistake?)

I think she captured the essence of "twilight" quite beautifully, don't you? I love that the color is a bit dusty, as you would expect once the sun has gone down. The color of this polish is slightly more red-toned in real life, both in its base and due to the magenta flecks. Since my lightbox tends to dull sparkly things, I took this next picture outside the lightbox to capture some of the purple flash in Purple Twilight:

Lovely! With two coats my nail line was just barely visible, so two will be fine if you have shorter nails. The polish dries to a pretty smooth texture despite all the glass fleck.

The one downside to Purple Twilight was the formula. It was a bit gloopy and seemed to cling to the brush; I'm not sure if it was due to the polish base or the large amount of flecks. In any case I did end up with a bit of streaking that you might be able to see on my ring finger. A drop of polish thinner might help.

Despite the formula I do recommend this polish if you love purple, glass fleck finishes, or both! Purple Twilight is available at Tough as Nails' Etsy site ($9 for 15 ml or $5.75 for 7 ml). Tough as Nails lacquers are 3-free!

The polish in this post was purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment