Saturday, May 18, 2013

Swatch: Zoya Tinsley

The polish in this post was purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

Hello and welcome to all my new readers! I'm glad to have you! Today I have pics of a new polish from the Zoya Irresistible summer collection. Tinsley is described as "a full-coverage, rose gold foil metallic". Zoya are really the masters of this kind of shimmery foil; like the others I have, Tinsley is a pretty complex color and can change a lot depending on the lighting.

First up I have some pictures taken in my lightbox with a daylight bulb.

Zoya Tinsley. Two coats with one coat Out the Door quick-dry topcoat.































You can see here that the base is pink, but it is absolutely packed with gold (and I think orange) flecks.

Outside in the sun the pink base pops even more, and the shimmer is blinding:































Finally, in indoor light that has a yellowish tint, Tinsley amazingly becomes really coppery. In fact, if I only saw this polish indoors I would never think to call it rose gold. This is the best my camera could do:





























As for the formula, it was pretty nice, just the right consistency. I didn't get any bubbles, pulling or streaking. With two coats you can just barely see my nail line in some lights, but not enough to bother me. Zoya's foils do tend to be slow-drying, but with a quick-dry topcoat that problem went away. I anticipate a bit of trouble with removal because of all that shimmer.

I just can't stop staring at my nails right now! I want some more of these foils! The Irresistible collection is available at zoya.com ($8 for 15 ml).

(Pssst...are you following my Facebook page?)

The polish in this post was purchased by me. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment