Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Swatch: Emily de Molly Cosmic Forces

The polish in this post was purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

This is the swatch I've been looking forward to posting! I basically fell in love at first sight with this polish. Emily de Molly Cosmic Forces is a plum-colored jelly with a variety of pink and holo glitter, both hexes and circles. My nails look like gems with this polish!

Emily de Molly Cosmic Forces. Two coats with Out the Door and Gelous topcoats.



























(The base is a little more red-toned than it appears in my pics.)

On my middle finger you can see the star of the polish--huge holographic circle glitter! You will have to fish around for these; it took me a few tries to find that one. (Of course I got some on both thumbs without even trying...)

Since a lot of the glitters are holographic, they'll be different colors depending on the direction of the light. Here you can see the big circle piece shifting blue:


I also love this hidden-glitter type of polish because sometimes the glitters seem to vanish, but then you move your hand a little and they flash at you!

The formula of Cosmic Forces was pretty good, other than the density of the glitter. With some of the bigger glitter pieces you might have to work to place them where you want them.

I knew the polish would end up a bit bumpy, so I took the opportunity to use Gelous as a topcoat for the first time. If you're not familiar with it, Gelous is a base/topcoat that's really thick. "Luxurious" might be the best way to describe it. With one coat my nails are still slightly rough in places, but much smoother than before. And it dried faster than I expected for such a thick polish.

Emily de Molly is an Australian indie maker, so if you're down under you can buy Cosmic Forces from their website ($9.50 AUS for 12 ml). The rest of us have to buy it from a third party; I got mine at Llarowe for $13. Emily de Molly polishes are 3-free. (They also have a very similar polish with a blue base called Oceanic Forces, if you're not into purple.)

I bought Gelous at Sally Beauty ($5.99 for 15 ml, $5.39 with a Beauty Club membership).

The polish in this post was purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment