Saturday, July 6, 2013

Swatch: Ninja Polish Divinity

I received the polish in this post as a gift. All opinions are my own.

Recently I participated in a summer Secret Santa nail polish exchange on a forum I post in. My awesome Santa sent me multiple polishes off my wishlist, including this one! (If you're reading this, thanks again!!) Ninja Polish Divinity is a gorgeous plum-colored polish with some amazing color-shifting shimmer--it's gonna take me several photos to show it off fully!

(Apologies for some of the weird angles in these shots; the color shift shows up best when your nails are off to the side of the light source, so I had to do some acrobatics with my hands.)

Oh, and I'm back to my old square nails, not entirely willingly--one of my nails finally snapped off when I was opening a car door, grrrr!

Here's how the shimmer looks most of the time, especially in sunlight: a sunset orange color.

Ninja Polish Divinity. Two coats with Out the Door topcoat.

Then, at certain angles, it starts to change to a golden brown...



























...and finally to green!
























Quite a change, huh? This polish is so cool to look at, and the color shift tends to take me by surprise just as I think I'm getting bored of its default color! I only needed two coats for (almost) complete opacity; the formula was fine other than a little streakiness if I painted over the same spot too much.

Another cool thing about Divinity is that, according to the review at Pointless Cafe (who has much better swatches than me), you can use it as a layering polish as well and get a totally different look!

Divinity is available at ninjapolish.com ($11 for 15 ml), although currently it's out of stock. Ninja Polish is 4-free!

I received the polish in this post as a gift. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment